Monday, February 13, 2012


White Loaves Recipe Redux
   
The arrival of my dough hook prompted a Baking With Julia White Loaves recipe “do over.”  If you recall from my last post “ The Unhappy Hooker” I couldn’t find my dough hook and had to order a new one from Kitchen Aid.  As soon as it arrived, I felt obligated to take it out for a test drive, thus the White Loaves recipe Redux.  I made a few modifications to the recipe this time.  Based on my own experience and comments from other TWD bakers it seemed that the seven cups of flour, called for in the recipe, pushed the Kitchen Aid motor to the limits. Therefore, I cut the recipe in half and made one loaf  (actually two mini loaves), using three and a half cups of flour, instead of the seven cups called for in the two loaves. My Kitchen Aid hummed along beautifully with this modification.  I made one plain and one cinnamon swirl.  They came out beautifully.  This recipe is so easy I actually baked it twice in one week and the second time enlisted a four-year-old helper.  Here’s the picture of the loaves to prove it.   









You can find the recipe for White Loaves from Baking With Julia here: http://someonekitchen.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment